Saturday 19 May 2012

France Cycle Tour: Saint Enimie to St-Rome-de-Tarn

Typical Tarn view
I was away early in an effort to get to Millau by lunchtime to get food before all the shops shut. The awesome scenery soon put paid to that idea. Really magnificent.
Chateau Haute Rive (no road to this hamlet) People and goods have to
cross on a winched tryolean traverse
This section is actually one way now
I was fortunate to find a village sop in Les Vignes, this took the pressure off and I was able to just pedal along taking it all in
Downstream from Les Vignes
One of many tunnels on the D907b
Millau came and went, the British designed viaduct towers over the Tarn valley and in my mind was a milestone that I had reached I felt like i really was making progress across france.
Millau Viaduct
Millau Viaduct
The terrain changed slightly after Millau softening as the valley widened, the village of Le Peyre very picturesque, and a car free zone!
Le Peyre
Continuing to follow the river I arrived at St-Rome-de Tarn having ridden 78 kilometres, the site is above the river in what once would have been a vineyard. The loo's etc are the best I have ever seen anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment