Wednesday 29 January 2020

Seat Sandal

This morning found me parked on the top of Dunmail Raise again. Today my plan was to head East to climb Seat Sandal. The forecast was for a worsening day, so this would be just the ticket...I thought! The weather had already worsened though when I left the car. Not many photos today, the weather meant I just kept my head down....

Looking back down to Dunmail Raise, across to Steel Fell and last weeks steep descent route.

Raise Beck, it was drizzling by now....driven in on a stiff Southwesterly wind.

I made a sort of beeline to the summit seen here. The drizzle came and went with the gusts. It was particularly windy as I grabbed this picture, no place to linger this morning! 

This was the view a few metres to the Northeast. Looking down Grisedale, a tiny portion of Ullswater visible in the distance.

Rather than go back the way I ascended I went back to Raise Beck beside the wall. As you can see there was quite an accumulation of snow on the lee side of the wall...although the thaw was underway.
Usually at this point I have been saying where details of my route can be found...not today I forgot to start my tracker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment