Friday 18 January 2013

Limestone Link and Leighton Moss

At least the mud's frozen!
Its been absolutely perishing today, considering I was probably never more than 50m above sea level it was as cold as I can remember. No snow while I was out though! The Limestone Link (between Arnside and Kirkby Lonsdale) runs almost past my door, so with a late start I decided to walk towards Arnside, then follow my nose.
Limestone pavement on the Limestone Link!
At Slackhead I chose to leave the path and went to have a look for Leighton Forge, (without success) then several field and woodland paths followed by a little trespassing took me into Trowbarrow quarry. A pair of Buzzards were quartering the sky as I crossed the disused quarry floor. The public hide at Leighton Moss was a welcome shelter for a brew, it was an icy scene from the hide very little birdlife. I made my way to Yealand then took field paths back to Hale and then quiet lanes back home. It was straight on with the kettle!

No comments:

Post a Comment