Thursday 9 July 2020

Half..ish of the Kentmere Horseshoe

Last week I climbed Kentmere Pike and Harter Fell, it never stopped raining. I was dis-inclined to continue round the rest of the Kentmere Horseshoe in the miserable weather. So today was the re-match. I parked in the same place near Brockstones and set off for Garburn Pass. The day really was as dull (but not the walk) as the pictures suggest, although it stayed dry so I was happy with that!

Having climbed Garburn Pass out of Kentmere, I followed the path North past Buck Crag...

...to arrive at the summit of Yoke, the first 2000'er of the day. High Street looked a log way off!

Next was Ill Bell, I had lunch just below the Northern cairn out of the wind.

It was only 15mins to reach the summit of Froswick today, I was feeling good. This view looking back to Ill Bell and Windermere.

I bypassed Thornthwaite Crag (I'd already climbed it earlier this year and I'm trying not to visit any 2000'ers twice). Easy going from Froswick to here on the summit of High Street. There were a few folk about here, about the only ones I came across today.

I dropped down to Mardale Ill Bell, and the view down to Haweswater.

The well trodden path to Nan Bield was my route down to the Kentmere Valley via these zig-zags.
Back to the car by the same route as last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment