Wednesday 10 April 2019

A Quick Visit to Hampsfell

After a busy day I received a text from my mate Ian. He was off up Hampsfell above Grange-over-Sands for an overnight camp to test his Trailstar copy. I didn't have time to get stuff together to camp/bivi myself, but rode over on the motorbike to see Ian....and maybe grab a couple of sunset or golden hour photos.

This limestone pavement is just a few metres away from the hospice, the Coniston Hills in the background.

More limestone pavement catching the last of the suns warm light.

Hampsfell Hospice, again catching the warm light.

No real sunset, but a wonderful warm glow from the West.
I chatted for Ian for a while as he erected his shelter, the wind was bitter so turned and jogged back to the motorbike on Grange Fell Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment