Thursday 24 November 2016

Fatty Rides Again...Tilbirthwaite from Skelwith Bridge

Its been a long time since I've had a day on the Fat Bike for various reasons. Today though was the day....cold, crisp and sunny. care was needed on the ice patches mind!

Still a lot of frost as I left Skelwith and headed for Elterwater

Great reflections in the Brathay

I rode/pushed over Owlets Nest and was greeted with the familiar view of Wetherlam and the Greenburn Fells

Once in little Langdale the next port of call was Slaters Bridge...Still frosty!

In the shade here....very chilly! As I headed back over to Tilbirthwaite

Gratuitous pic of the Fat Bike at my lunch spot in the sun. Froswick, Ill Bell and Yoke in the distance

I had a good play round in the quarries of Hodge Close.
 Its a favourite area for me, the Silver Birch looked superb today.

On the bridleway through to Stang End.

Back to the car on the multiuse track to Skelwith.
The last of the days light shining on the Pikes and Silver How


No comments:

Post a Comment