Sunday 26 October 2014

A Short Stroll Round Hawkshead Hill

Today's weather was dominated by the strong wind...which periodically blew in showers of rain with little warning. I found myself with a free day at short notice, so decided to do a bit of recon for the Rough Stuff Fellowship ride I'm leading from Skelwith Bridge next Sunday. I know most of the bridleways in the area very well, but I was unsure of one small link...so off I went to reacquaint myself!

I'd parked at Knipe Fold and walked up the road towards Tarn Hows before following the paths through the woods above Sawrey Gound.

The Beeches in particular were in full Autumn colour.

Fungi beside the path as I entered Grizedale Forest from High Cross.

Forest roads and paths led me to the start of the bridleway I wanted to check on. It offers an excellent descent to Hawkshead...I'm looking forward to riding it next weekend!
I then made my way back to Knipe Fold via Hawkshead Hill through the showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment