Monday 15 August 2011

BMW West Highland Tour Day 2

Standing stones at Kilmartin
The plan (such as it is) for this trip was to use roads and visit places that I hadn't been to at all, or at least since I was a child. With this in mind I left Inveraray crossed over to the eastern shore of Loch Awe and followed the minor road until I was almost at Ford. Just before Ford I stopped at the information board for the forest drive over to Loch Fyne. All new to me, with great views from the high point. Next on the agenda was Crinan Ferry and close by some of the Cairns and Standing Stones at Kilmartin. I then rode to Cuan Ferry, the crossing for the Island of Luing. Luing was great, probably better discovered by bicycle, due to its size. It like Easdale and Seil is one of the "slate" islands, due to many years or quarrying. Oban youth hostel was the accomadation for the night. Recently refurbished, but for who? The "self-catering" kitchen is tiny and poorly designed, I wasn't the only one who thought this either.

No comments:

Post a Comment