Thursday 10 February 2011

Bike to Cartmel


As I already had the bike in the back of the car, so a short drive saw me parked up just before lunch at Sampool Bridge at the foot of the Lyth valley. There is a signposted cycle route to Grange-over-Sands, this avoids the busy A590, I only saw 1 car! As it had been a late start I felt it was time for lunch so a suitable seat was found on the promenade in the sun, it felt like spring had arrived. I'm under no illusions though, we're a good month away yet.
I rode up through Grange and on to Allithwaite, turning off to Cartmel, which always seems busy. Minor lanes led over to cross the new High Newton bypass with its amazing view of the Coniston Fells. The day was warming up, the climb up Cartmel fell seemed to go on and on, before the road plummeted down to Hodge Howe and the lanes through Witherslack which would lead me back to the car.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm a nice lunch at L'enclume would fit the bill nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Alan, thankfully I was "full up" after my lunch on the cheap (aldi sandwich £1.19)at Grange. Luckily my wallet stayed intact!

    ReplyDelete