Sunday 25 February 2018

A Mardale Circuit

Out on the hills above Mardale today. The weather wonderful and the views magic, there was a very cold wind though! Leaving the car at Mardale Head I took the pathround towards The Rigg....There is rather a lot of pictures....

Out towards The Rigg beside a flat calm Haweswater

Looking up into Riggindale

High Street from Kidsty Pike

Looking West across the Straits of Riggindale

Rest Dodd in the foreground with the Helvellyn range in the distance

Northwest from Rampsgill Head

The Trig on High Street, I was surprised to have the summit to myself

Hayeswater from below Thornthwaite Crag

Thornthwaite Beacon


Blea Water, just a glimpse of  Haweswater in the distance.
This image gives a good idea of the convex slopes of hard neve in the Lakes at the moment! 

Blea Water Crag, bounded to the North by Long Stile

Down to Nan Bield, Small Water beyond my shadow.

Looking back over much of my route today. A partly frozen Small Water seen here from the shoulder of Harter Fell

The summit of Harter Fell, not quite as "spiky" as it used to be I'm sure.
From here I followed the fence down to Adam Seat, and then to the top of Gatesgarth.
It was in the shade all the way back to the car. Anther great day :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures from a very picturesque round. I really enjoy that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alan, great terrain to stride out over. Splendid views yesterday, and not very busy really for a Sunday with a good forecast.

      Delete