Tuesday 9 July 2013

South Lakes Lanes

My evening ride tonight was back to Kendal, (where I work every day!). There was method in my madness, I went to call on my mate Bill, who's been suffering a bout of abcess's...bloody awful in my experience. So a gentle ride along the minor roads and quiet lanes in the lovely warm evening sun.

My local hill, Farleton Knott, not much hay on this field!

Its been a while since I've had a look at Hincaster Tunnel..As you can see the canal is empty here and indeed dry all the way to Kendal sadly. Its almost 200 years old.

Aminor detour to Sedgwick Falls, theres not much water in ther River Kent after the dry spell.

I took a different route back visiting the mosses between Heversham village and the Kent estuary

Meadow Cranesbill I think? lots of these in the hedges this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment