Thursday 19 May 2011

Ilkley Moor

Gritstone blocks near the summit
        Ilkley Moor is a Marilyn, and other jobs in the area  gave me an opportunity to visit the top. I must admit that the vast amount of the work was done by the motorbike, a tarmaced road takes one all the way to the ridge. (Just beyond the radio masts in the photo.) The path was in the process of being repaired, there were lots of pallets of gritstone slabs waiting to be placed in crucial spots. At last we have had some better weather, the sun has shone, although tempered by a cool wind.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a place I have'nt visited since January, hmmm, looks a little warmer on your pic.
    Sounds like you had a good day, nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I've been on the top although I have walked the lower slopes. I'll go back when I've got more time and not on the motorbike.

    ReplyDelete