Wednesday 3 April 2019

Low Level Ramble From Chapel Stile

Pulling the curtains back this morning to find that it was snowing and Farleton Knott wearing a new dusting was a bit of a surprise. Probably not a good one all things considered....I'd really rather like to be properly in Spring now. I'd already planned on a low level walk, seeing what I could find to take some photographs of. I parked in Chapel Stile and headed over Owlets Nest towards Little Langdale....

I found this gnarled old Holly tree and felt it would suit Black & White rather than colour.

The cloud had temporarily lifted above Wetherlam as I dropped into Little Langdale.

My route whch I was making up as I went along led me over Slaters Bridge.

And into Cathedral Quarry.

On reflection this twisted Silver Birch on one of the Hodge Close tips might have been better in Black & White

A quick look into the main quarry at Hodge Close.

Then past Stang End to join the Cumbria Way at High Park....it looked rather brighter over on Stone Arthur above Grasmere.

But I did find a "Money Tree"...:-))

Then past Colwith Force.

Over the relatively new bridge above Skelwith Force. It was then Cumbria Way beside the River Brathey and Elterwater back to the car.
The light had been rather flat, a great day all the same.

2 comments:

  1. Your getting proper good pics now. It’s all about practice. I have not been in Cathedral quarry since about 1972. My photo was taken in colour but because it was mid winter it looks black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan you're very kind...One of the main reasons for getting a bit more serious is to slow me down! I have a habit when in the Lakes which I know so well, is just to smash on. Looking forward to some better light tho'
      Cheers Alistair

      Delete