Thursday 14 September 2017

A Wander from Langcliffe

Another walk today which I've done numerous times. I always enjoy it so why not do it again! The weather behaved itself in the main, just one heavy shower that lasted 5mins...a tree provided handy shelter. Here's a few pictures from the day........

No walk hereabouts can miss out on the Hoffman Kiln

Across the fields to Stainforth, then the Pennine Bridleway up to...

...Catrigg Foss.
(This and the next photo were handheld at a very slow shutter speed so sorry for the blurring)

A closer view of the force

Pen-y-Gent sen beyond the narrow valley of Catrigg Foss

Winskill Stones with Inglebrough in the distance.
From here Victoria Cave and Warrendale Knotts and back to the car on more Pennine Bridleway, although I didn't take any pics?!

4 comments:

  1. Great area on a good day and I don't have to add this one to my list of catch ups. Once again when I did this walk it was inclement to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, I think it only fair to let the rest of us know where you're going walking....so we can go somewhere where it might noy be raining!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg....It's one of the Yorkshire Dales hidden secrets!

      Delete