Monday 17 April 2017

All the Lakeland Passes (except Dunmail!) on the Motorbike

Out on the motorbike today. I haven't done this ride for any years for one reason or another, and today's weather wasn't the best either. Perhaps familiarity does breed contempt...although I think the increasingly busy Lakes roads probably have something to do with it.
Anyway here's a series of pictures of the passes ridden....look away now if pictures including the motorbike offend :-)

From home via Ambleside and Grasmere to cross "Red Bank"

Up Great Langdale and over "The Blea Tarn Road"

From Little Langdale over "Wrynose" 

Down to Cockley Beck and ascend "Hardknott"

Down Eskdale and at Gosforth I picked up the A590 for a few miles before a crossing of the Cold Fell Road (not really a pass). Ennerdale Bridge, Lamplaugh, Loweswater along the Vale of Lorton to climb to the summit of "Whinlatter"

Up and over "Newlands". The weather was improving a bit!

Beside Buttermere and this is "Honister"

Down Borrowdale into Keswick, east along the A66 for a few miles before a turn South through Dockray to Ullswater. Just one more pass..."Kirkstone".
From here its only 45mins or so to home.
I really enjoyed myself pottering along, 7hrs to ride approx 150 miles.
I won't leave it as long before I do the trip again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment