Saturday 4 April 2020

Solo Social Distance Ride 001

A change of tack today....or at least transport. I've walked all the footpaths and bridleways at least once within a distance/time acceptable under the current restrictions. So today I decided it was time to do some easy rides from home.
 I have had a good look at the OS maps, and have imposed a distance limit (from home as the crow flies) of 5km. this still gives me lots of options, very little if any I haven't been ridden before. But some of these lanes and bridleways only an odd time or two. I intend to try and traverse all of them as a project on my daily exercise during the lockdown.
It was overcast and cool today....we are promised sun and a much warmer day tomorrow. Anyway lets not get ahead of ourselves....here's a few images from today's ride.

I used my Titanium Elan with its optional lighter wheels and wider mixed terrain tyres. Ideal for the rough potholed, gravel strewn lanes today.
This is Nook Bridge.

A wider view of Nook Bridge and Farleton Beck.

Road Closed the sign said...and indeed it would have been for anything other than a bike.
This is just along the lane from Nook to Whetstone, the old limestone culvert (beautifully constructed) overwhelmed in the floods earlier this year.

I turned off before Whetstone to descend via Black Yeats to Crooklands.
I took the opportunity to take this photo of the Lakeland hills before I dropped down though.

The basin just West of the M6 on the Lancaster Canal. The boat/barge (not sure) is the Water Witch and belongs to the Lancaster Canal Trust. It takes folk for trips along this section of the canal in Summer...although maybe not this year 😨
I don't take as many photo's when I'm riding, so I must try harder!
From here I made my way back home by Ackenthwaite. Only a short ride (trying not to take the Mick) but a pleasant change from the walking over the past 14 days.

Tek Care and Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment