Saturday 28 March 2020

More Local Social Distance Walks 005/006/007

I'm very fortunate, I live on the edge of a village between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. The daily exercise as outlined by the Government (and the fact I aren't at work) has enabled me to take a solo walk of 1-2 hours each day. These 3 walks have mainly been on the local metalled lanes. Very few other walkers have been encountered...but all at over 2 metres away! There have been half a dozen or so cyclists.
I have decided for the time being to stay off the bike...although that may change. I hope the photos don't become repetitive.....

Looking back along the lane to home....

...Old Lane infact!

This was as far as I went on Walk 005. The Lancaster Canal stretching away towards Crooklands

Spring is definitely here, Horse Chestnut buds opening in the warm Spring sunshine.

Hang Bridge and the River Bela.

Reflections on the Bela near Heron Corn Mill.

The River Bela....again! from the bridge carrying the A6 at Beetham.
So tranquil....how can anything be wrong?

Other than Celandines there aren't many flowers about yet...I think these are Stitchwort?

Today I walked through the lanes again this time towards Hale. Here we look back along Pye's Bridge Lane to Farleton Knott.

Pye's Bridge...not the most impressive structure.


As I walked back along the lane the haze softened and allowed a glimpse of the Lakes hills.
Red Screes in the centre.

Pike O'Blisco, part of Crinkle Crags and Bowfell just to the left of the trees. Whitbarrow Scar in the middle ground.

...ant the Coniston Fells.

With the warmer weather the ground has dried out nicely, so I've been using road shoes for these 3 walks....these bobby dazzlers are New Balance M590's... 

....and these rather more subdued numbers are Hoka One One Clifton's
Both so comfortable and well cushioned.
The weather forecast looks quite reasonable for our area for the next few days so I hope to be out each day for my allowed exercise...Gov regs permitting.
Lets hope we can get on top of this Covid 19 virus as quickly as possible for everyones sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment