Tuesday 27 August 2019

Cairnsmore of Carsphairn

Corbett bagging today, in the Southern Uplands. Cairnsmore of Carsphairn....although you might have guessed that from the title! I drove from home this morning, a bit of a last minute decision. I arrived at the bottom of the track about 10.30 and left the car just before 11.00 am. I used the trade route, here's a few images from the day.

The track follows the Water of Deugh for a while.

Before it climbs away, and crosses the flanks of Willieanna and Dunool. The flanks of Cairnsmore in the distance where shrouded in mist.

Shortly after the track ends the Polsue Burn is crossed at this footbridge. from here the wall leads unerringly to the summit...This is one walk where it would be very difficult to get lost IMHO of course.

The summit...no view to distant unclimbed hills today :-(
I waited for a short while but the was no sign of the mist/cloud clearing.
I descended by exactly the same route of ascent.

Following the wall, not to much of a path as you can see.

A little lower the view to the West, albeit rather hazy.

It wouldn't be Scotland in August without a bit of heather!

I took another picture here because I felt the light was a little better...I'm not so sure now.
A good walk, new ground, and a Corbett and of course a Marilyn tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment