Monday 27 May 2019

Whitbarrow Scar from Millside

Another local walk today, once again avoiding the Bank Holiday madness. Whitbarrow is nice and local, and by taking minor roads for the most part the journey is traffic free. I t was a better day than forecast...at least compared to the forecast I saw. I haven't been up this way for a long while, so it made a pleasant change....

Having walked up through Low Fell End farm and into the wood, I followed the zig-zag path upwards. Before entering Farrers Allotment I walked onto the clearing shown above to see the excellent view over towards Hampsfell.

The Silver Birches are doing really well up here in the Cumbria Wildlife Trust Reserve...good to see.

Looking across the limestone pavement towards the top...Lords Seat.

Another view of Lords Seat, framed by one of the wind blown Yews.

Mother-in-Law's Tongue.

The path I'd just walked along, the clouds starting to mass...rain not far away.

At the top, once again the weather over the Lakes looked a bit iffy...better down here near the coast.

I dropped down the steep path just North of Chapel Head Scar. Then across the field in the image above. Once on the road the rain came on, so no more photos...bridleway to Beck Head and minor road back to the car....work tomorrow :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment