Wednesday 8 November 2017

Whernside

Lovely weather this morning saw me parked at Ribblehead, I was off up Whernside...a nice and easy half day. Just the job! Checking back on the blog I see I haven't visited the summit since April 2014, so I was well overdue a visit. That trip the weather was grim, today's was excellent. Here's a few pics from the walk.......

No walk up Whernside from Ribblehead would be complete without a picture of the magnificent viaduct.

Height is quickly gained on the well maintained Craven Wold track. Once the track is left and the path taken towards Whernside, Greensett Tarn is seen.
Park Fell, Simon Fell and Ingleborough are in the distance.

Looking back along the summit ridge Northish, Greensett Tarn below

Whernside's trig...the summit is no place to linger IMHO. There was a stiff chilly breeze anyway, so I trotted off Southwards.

Having dropped of the ridge I left the breeze behind...it was almost warm!
From the bottom of the path at Bruntscar I walked through Ivescar, Gunnerfleet and back under the viaduct to the car.
A much better day out than last time. Anyone who would like to see my route can follow it here

No comments:

Post a Comment