Saturday 17 June 2017

A Cogra Moss Circuit

Being a weekend I was looking for a quieter area in the Lakes. The smaller hills between Ennerdale Lake and Loweswater fitted that brief. I only saw 1 person to speak to and 2 more in the distance. The downside is the early start required to get through the lakes before the "swivelheads" appear!
It was very hot, a bit damp underfoot tho!...as is usual some pics from the day.....

Cogra Moss reservoir, Blake Fell is the high point in this photo

Having walked up through the shade of the plantation, I chose not to go over Blake Fell but took this contouring path which I'd never been on before.

Probably just me, but when I looked back at this view, it reminded me of the Pyrenees?

I was making good time so took a walk over to Gavel Fell. There was a great view of Grasmoor and Whiteside over Melbreak.

Floutern Tarn under the North face of Great Borne, I think the hill in the far distance is Pillar.

The last "nail" in my (very) irregular horseshoe Knock Murton. It has a very well constructed shelter as you can see.

I dropped down to the road via the broad West ridge passing these old iron mine workings.
A good day, a bit warm for me truth be told....I was glad to get back to the car have a clothing change and put the aircon on!

No comments:

Post a Comment