Monday 27 June 2016

The Start of a weeks Munro Bagging

I've been back home for a couple of days now, and having caught up on tasks (and returned to work:-( ). It's time to start and write up the weeks exploits. So the weeks Munro Bagging, started with a Corbett!  I'd parked beside Loch Lubnaig....in the rain, with the intention of climbing Beinn Each en-route to Stuc a Chroin.

Off I trudged up through the forestry and along Glen Ample. Once at the sign above it was the hill path for me.

The mist was down, but there's a good path beside the Eas an Eoin, and height is gained quickly. The rain and humidity were making a mockery of my breathable waterproofs! I considered taking them off, I couldn't have been any wetter!

Sure enough the summit of Beinn Each came into view through the murk. Not the most impressive cairn as you can see. I could see the path continuing onwards to the Stuc, but frankly I'd had enough.
So I returned back the way I'd come. Once back at the car I was pleased to have climbed Beinn Each but disappointed to have missed out on the Stuc. Still early days, so off I drove to Glen Nevis SYHA and better things to come?

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the rest Al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Alan...more of this silliness shortly!

      Delete