Sunday 29 May 2016

Meall Greigh

Whit weekend and the rare opportunity for 2 days off together saw me up at 5am. I arrived at Lawers North of  Loch Tay just after 9am, the Ben Lawers range was clearing from the early morning mist as I started walking....

Up through the gardens surrounding Machuim Farm.

Then into the pleasent Birch, Larch and Pine plantation, gaining height all the way.

Then out onto the open hill, NTS land here. Meall Greigh looked fairly close...must have been a trick of the light!

The path passes through an area of shielings, I took the chance to look back over loch Tay below.

Eventually of course you arrive at the summit. Here's your author beside the cairn.... 

....and for those of you who prefer the view without the clutter of a garish human....Here's the Lawers group above Lochan nan Cat.

On towards the col before Meall Garbh, I then descended to the Lawers Burn.

A last look back at An Stuc and Ben Lawers, I'd last been here in 1986!

I picked up my outward route further down the burn and returned to the car.
It had been good to be back in the Scottish Hills
A Strava track of my route can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment