Tuesday 21 May 2013

Carn a`Mhaim

This would be the last Munro that I've planned to climb from the Braemar area. I parked at Inverey, (free!), and rode the bike on past the Linn of Dee and into Glen Lui. This glen is surely one of the most picturesque, as I approached Derry Lodge Carn a`Mhaim came into view. I left the bike at the Luibeg Burn and started the climb proper.

The well constructed track on the North bank of the Luibeg Burn, more superb Scots Pine. The burn would requirea detour to the bridge, the stepping stones being underwater.

A good path has been made up the broad ridge of Carn a`Mhaim, this made gaining height easy. I was soon on the easier slopes where the views opened up in all directions.

The summit of Carn a`Mhaim, my 200th Munro. The peaks west of the Lairig Ghru still carring alot of snow. 

Although Carn a`Mhaim is 1037m its neighbours tower over it. The brisk breeze required a windshirt, and was tearing the clouds from the top of Ben Macdui. 

Looking across the Lairig Ghru to the Devils Point, Monadh Mor and Beinn Bhrotain.

As I left Derry Lodge I called in at Bob Scotts, a place with real history. 
I felt rather pleased with myself, my 200th Munro, its certainly not been a rushed campaign (not really a campaign at all!) I climbed the first in 1985! The plan, such as it is, is to compleat before I retire

No comments:

Post a Comment