Thursday 11 February 2021

Deepdale Pond & Haweswater


Out for anther wander today, as indeed I have on every other day this year! As the days lengthen I am able to stretch my horizons a little...although todays walk was 15.6 miles so that's probably as far as I want to do really. Still I'm very lucky to have such an interesting area within walking distance from my front door. 
It was a beautiful day weather wise but cold and although I was carrying my video gear, I decided it would be a photograph kind of day. So here are a few images from the day....


Having crossed the A6 near Hale I walked across Thrang Moss


Then up through Cringlebarrow woods above Yealand Redmayne


There was still frost in the shaded areas


Then it was down into Deepdale and it's "pool"...sadly the pool has all but disappeared


Leaving Deepdale behind I crossed Leighton Moss...almost all frozen today


The causeway across Leighton Moss


Back into the woods again for a short while...through the musical gate


Trowbarrow Quarry catching the sun


My new lockdown friend...a Gloucester Old Spot


A wizened old tree at Haweswater, from here it was back on a well trod route home....featured in previous videos on the blog. I enjoyed this walk I may well return with a moving picture machine!...

 

4 comments:

  1. I did that walk myself not too long ago. It’s lovely. You did a good mileage there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, Trust you're keeping well. Yealand seems a long way from home but Its just a mental thing...Yesterday was the best day of the week. Today has been absolutely bitter.
      Cheers
      Alistair

      Delete
  2. Been struggling this last few weeks. I suffer with anxiety and it’s been a particularly bad time especially for Sheila who has to get me through it. We’ve done short walks most days and it has been so cold. Especially today. Enjoying the videos though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Alan. It's a very difficult time, the uncertainty is the problem for me. It's impossible to plan for a "better time". The videos have given me another reason to get out. I'm glad you're enjoying them.
      Take care both.
      Alistair

      Delete