Wednesday 12 June 2019

Lingmoor Fell

Only a half day's walk today, I parked at Chapel Stile and crossed the Langdale Beck. Up through the quarry and Baysbrown Wood, then the track which leads onto the open fell. It soon became apparent that it was a lot windier than the forecast...it was blowing a hoolie!
The photos when examined closely are blurred due to the wind, still they're a record of the day....

Looking back East along the main ridge...a good viewpoint for Elterwater.

A little further on and the view South to the Tilbirthwaite area

Summit almost in sight, the Harrison Stickle and the other Pikes shrouded in cloud.

The summit...the photo is unable to show the wind...I had to sit down, brace my arms and was still buffeted all over the place.

I usually descend along the ridge and Side Pike (seen here). But today, partly to get out of the wind and partly to enjoy the jog over easier ground I descended to Blea Tarn.

From Blea Tarn I crossed the road and walked down the zig-zags, then along the Cumbria Way and bridleways back beside the river to the car at Chapel Stile.

No comments:

Post a Comment