Wednesday 20 May 2015

Wold Fell and Galloway Gate

Today was the first "proper" walk since my early return from this years TGOC. The swelling has gone down at last and I'm able to walk without much pain! So my old mate Bill called to pick me up and we drove over to Dentdale. We had a rough plan to walk part of the Pennine Bridleway over Wold Fell and Galloway Gate

Up past Newby Head Viaduct which is as you can see scaffolded for repair

Off road at last on the Pennine Bridleway

Ingleborough from close to the top of Wold Fell

We passed the top of the Artengill track, which was an escape route if I didn't feel able to do the whole round!

But I felt good so carried on as we walked round the old drove track which is Galloway Gate

As the track turns Northward Swarth Fell and Wild Boar Fell came into view.
But for us it was back down past Dent Station into Dentdale and the car.
My leg felt good today, shouldn't be long before I'm back to full fitness!

2 comments:

  1. :-) Lovely pics. When I was really young we used to picnic up the valley behind that viaduct. I keep wondering if there'd be a good wild camping spot there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've been down the track to Artengill!...I would say there was room for a small tent or 2 at places on Galloway Gate. Not much water about tho cos' its on limestone!

      Delete