Monday 25 April 2011

Tilbirthwaite & Grizedale

         A bit of a change today, as I was on my own I got the mountain bike out, the first time for ages. I parked at Knipe Fold, my route took me over Iron Keld and down to Colwith, the bridleway brought me to Stang End and eventually Tilbirthwaite. The weather was much warmer than forecast, unless it was my body thermometer! I found a shaded spot under the Silver Birches to have lunch, whilst eating my butties I heard a Cuckoo, the first for me this year.
Wetherlam and the Langdale Fells from Iron Keld
         More bridleways and cycle paths led me to the head of Coniston Lake, before the stiff climb through the trees to Monk Coniston Moor. I was then able to pick up "The North Face Trail" which I followed all the way to the Grizedale visitor centre. Old bridleways were ridden to Satterthwaite then over to Low Dale Park and eventually Eel House. The road, which was busy, on the east side of Esthwaite Lake gave me the chance to do Scar House Lane on the way back to the car, which I arrived at completely knacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment