Sunday 22 November 2009

Sour Howes and Sallows


Will the rain ever stop? In need of fresh air I drove to Moor Howe near Windermere, parked at the end of the Dubbs road. Wet when I left and still Raining when I got back!
Easy going up the recently renovated road to Dubbs reservoir, which is having some repairs done to the dam wall and spillway. Following Buckstone Barrow I was soon on the summit of Sour Howes, no view and no let up in the rain, so I pressed on to the top of Sallows. Again no view, a bit of backtracking then a pathless descent to the top of the Garburn track. the old road was followed back to the car at Moor Howe with the wind and rain blasting me in the face. Penetrating the Paramo jacket under the rucsack straps.

A good walk in spite of the weather. The photo is taken below Applethwaite quarry looking back towards the head of Troutbeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment